Sophie on the slide
The weather has been beautiful lately and I just haven't taken the time to slow down and blog. So, I'll try to catch you up. We've been getting outside a lot lately and soaking up the sunshine. Yesterday, we tried out a new playground right outside of our neighborhood and it was great! Saturday, my sister's dream came true because her "military man" and fiance, Matt Riley, came home from Japan. Several family members met him at the airport and it was exciting because Martha had won a contest with a photographer for a free photo session. Jonathon Campbell, a photographer, nearby came and took lots of pictures of their big reunion! His blog will have lots of pictures of their reunion sometime later this week. I just wish that we had dressed up a little more for the occasion. Matt Riley will have a little vacation and then he will be stationed at Paris Island, SC. Martha and Matt R. are planning to get married in June. Can you tell it's going to be confusing having all these "Matt's" in the family? One of my first cousins just married a Matt as well. =)
This past Thursday, Sophie and her friend, Anna Kate, went to an art class at Precious Prints. They had a great time making gingerbread cookie plates. Sophie loves making crafts so I knew that this would be a fun class for her. While they were in the class, Abbie and Will, her younger brother, played on the playground at Chick-Fil-A.
As far as Abbie goes, she started doing somersaults independently. At the airport, she really started showing off her brand-new skill. We were all clapping for her and she was so proud of herself! Maybe we can post a video soon but I'll have to have Matt's help.
2 comments:
So glad that Martha's Matt is home. I know how happy she must be. Can't wait to see Abbie's new skill.
Teresa
Wow - yeah, all those Matts will be confusing. At first I was wondering why you kept referring to him by his full name and then I realized you have to because of your Matt! We love Precious Prints. I had been wondering about those art classes - maybe if I have a girl one day we'll check it out! Such a neat idea!
Post a Comment