Thursday, April 02, 2009

An "Eggstra" Special Project

Sophie's busy dyeing eggs
Sophie showing off some of her favorite eggs.
Our first purple irises to bloom! Hooray for Spring! It makes me happy!

On Monday while Abbie was napping, Sophie and I dyed some eggs. I hard-boiled them that morning and then we got to work that afternoon. It was really a lot of fun! It was sort of a new experience for both of us because I hadn't dyed eggs in years. I bought a cheap little egg dyeing and decorating kit from Target. Sophie LOVES projects so she was really excited about it! Sophie loved mixing the colors and using the stickers, etc to decorate her eggs.

This is totally unrelated but I included a picture of our first irises to bloom in the backyard. I was really glad to see that some bloomed because we transplanted some of them from my parents' yard last year. They look so pretty! I love spring with all of the beautiful colors and things in bloom! I also love Easter and everything that goes along with it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Paula! Sophie is just precious. She looks so much like you - such a beautiful smile. Isn't spring the best? I love your irises. Enjoy your week.

Julie said...

That is great that you find time to do things with Sophie along. I wish I could do that with Ellie. Max is not much of a napper.