Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Party

Sophie and some of her classmates with the Easter bunny!
Sophie hunting for eggs
Ms. Sandra's class after the egg hunt
Abbie playing in the car

Matt's parents left town on Wednesday and Sophie's Easter party was on Thursday. It was a very busy day for me but everything went pretty well. Abbie rolled with the punches as we dropped Sophie off at school, then ran a few errands, went back to Sophie's school for an early pizza party (complete with visit from the Easter bunny) and then made the trek out to the playground for the Easter egg hunt. Abbie was really a perfect angel that day! After the egg hunt, the kids all headed home. Sophie was the friendliest I'd ever seen her around the Easter bunny. I couldn't believe it! When we've been to the mall, she won't really have anything to do with him. I was like, "Sophie, I'm really proud of you!" because she was high-fiving him and grinning from ear to ear, sat in his lap, etc. I found out later though that she knew beforehand that it was one of her friend's dads so that explained it!

All of the kids seemed to enjoy the Easter egg hunt. It seemed to be more fair because all of the kids got plenty of eggs so I was happy about that. Going out to their playground is an adventure because the church where Sophie goes to school has major construction going on right now. It was a perfect day for an Easter egg hunt! Sophie & Abbie enjoyed playing in the yard later that afternoon. Sophie has to share her little red car now. They like to see if they can both fit in it but it doesn't work so well!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

The Easter egg hunt turned out great! THey have a great class!

Anonymous said...

Sophie looks really happy at her party! I'm glad she liked the Easter Bunny! Maybe you'll have to tell her that Jake is in all of the costumes :)
~Martha