Sophie & Abbie
Here's a couple of random pictures from last week. Sophie sees me get out the broom or mop very regularly and she will often run and get hers too. Then, it gets interesting because sometimes she is right in the way of where I am trying to sweep. There's a fine balance there between encouraging her to help me around the house but also wanting to somewhat do it "my way". She's funny though. Whether she's trying to feed her babies like mama, change their diapers, put them down for naps, or clean up around the house, she definitely is modeling everything I do and say so I need to be very careful!
Sophie likes to love on Abbie but I have to keep a close watch on her. I'm glad that she loves her but she's not always as gentle as I would like. Abbie is usually OK with some attention as long as Sophie doesn't get too rough. Abbie has been laughing more in general. I'll have to catch her in action soon so I can post some pictures. She's just too cute! The last couple of nights she's been sleeping for very long stretches (like 10-11 hours). I'm afraid to brag too much but we are very thankful. The ironic thing was that Sophie woke up in the middle of the night last night and required some attention and Abbie didn't. Why is it that it's so hard to have both kids sleep well (whether it's naptime or bedtime) at the same time?


3 comments:
Where did you get the cute little mop and broom? I need some for my Meredith.
Ruth
Remember these days when she wants to help because at some point you will be saying, did you clean your bathroom, how about your bedroom? Then you will be saying she was better at this when she was younger.
Love and miss you
Teresa
Funny how they do want to do everything we do at this age. Why can't it continue into teenage years? I am glad Sophie and Abbie seem to be getting along. I am sure our second one will turn Brodie's world upside down. We are in the midst of potty training right now...what fun that is!
Post a Comment