Sophie at the wheel
Today, Sophie and I were able to go and visit some good friends of ours from Charleston who lived down the street from us. They are here for a few weeks visiting their grandparents while their dad does a rotation at Vanderbilt for medical school. Christina is one of my very best friends from Charleston and she has three boys. Jackson & Wilson are twins and then they have a baby named Andrew who is 5 months. Andrew has grown so much and is so cute but I didn't get any pictures. Christina's parents have a big field behind their house and the twins each have a jeep or truck. Well, since it was unseasonably warm today, we took advantage of it and let the kids play outside for a while.
Sophie had a blast! First, she rode in the truck with Jackson and then, she tried driving independently. It just took her a couple of minutes to learn how to do the pedal but she was not very good about keeping her eyes on where she was going so that she could steer properly. She was so excited that she was looking behind her and grinning or just looking to one side of her or the other. She tended to drive in circles. Luckily, there wasn't much that she could run into since we were in a big field. This experience made me think of a first date because both of the boys had been showing off for Sophie and then, one asked her if she wanted to ride in his truck. When Sophie was driving, they wanted to help push her truck at times. Later, she rode with Jackson again and he got out to push because the truck was losing steam (low on it's battery charge). After he tried pushing it some, he told Sophie that she could get out and push. Christina told him that you don't ask girls to get out and push the car. Christina and I were both laughing! I said that his dad would have to give him some dating 101 tips but of course I was joking.


3 comments:
I believe we may have a future nascar driver in our mist. Paw Paw Tom will be so thrilled.
Memee
I love the date picture! They are so cute!
Hmmm, I think Camden might take offense to this title... :)
Post a Comment