Tuesday, September 22, 2015

1st Day of School

Abbie and Mrs. Bates



Abbie and Sophie-1st day of 2nd and 5th grades!

Abbie and her best buddy from last year, Molly.

I know that I should have posted these a while back.  We got them on facebook in a timely manner but I forgot to go back and put some on here.  The school year is definitely in full swing now.  Both of the girls are having a good year in school.  Abbie likes her teacher, Mrs. Bates and she seems to have some nice kids in her class.  Her teacher told me that she likes to talk but I remember that I could be quite chatty when I was that age too.  Sophie has three different teachers this year instead of 2.  She has her first male teacher (besides P.E.) and he is a great teacher.  Sophie has a totally different group of kids in her class this year so that's a little bit of a challenge.  Academically, they definitely expect more in 5th grade but she's doing fine.

Both of the girls are involved in Girl Scouts again.  Abbie is also playing soccer.  Sophie made it into the Student Council this year and she is also involved in Colt Chorale, their singing group.  Sophie is also still taking violin lessons and enjoying it.  I'm going to try to give Abbie a few piano lessons on my own for a start because she seems interested.  

No comments: