Sophie and Abbie
Sophie and Nana almost share a birthday. Nana's is on April 30 and Sophie's is on May 1. We got together to celebrate birthdays on Nana's birthday. Aunt Martha, Uncle Matt and their boys, Uncle Phil (who was just in town for a few weeks between mission trips), Aunt Patti, Keri, Carter, as well as Nana, Paw-paw and our family were able to be there. We had a cookout. I made a Heath cake for dessert. Everyone had a great time being together! Sophie loved her new monogrammed raincoat, set of beads, recipe box and money that she received for her birthday.
On Friday, May 1, Sophie had her first day of the TCAP test so she was not excited about that. Visitors are not allowed to come to school on testing days plus I worked on the day of her birthday so I was able to eat lunch with the girls the day before Sophie's birthday. Sophie was so excited about getting a gift card to Claire's for her birthday (so she can get her ears pierced), some new comfy flip flops and a big surprise which was tickets to the K Love fan awards show at the end of May. I made up a simple scavenger hunt so that Sophie could find the tickets. She enjoyed doing that! I bought these tickets through a school auction. Sophie loves Christian music so she and I will be going! The next day, I made preparations for Sophie's birthday party and Abbie had her last soccer game.
We celebrated Sophie's birthday on Saturday night. We celebrated her birthday with a Mexican theme for Cinco de Mayo. We had tacos with fixings, chips and salsa, fruit, etc. For dessert, I made a chocolate chip cookie cake that was really good. This year we had a smaller birthday party where Sophie invited 5 friends. Everyone that we invited was able to come so that was great! Nana came to Sophie's party to celebrate with us. We made these glass tile pendant necklaces at Sophie's party. The girls also enjoyed playing a game called Telestrations. All of the girls took a turn outside trying to break open the pinata. |
No comments:
Post a Comment