Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book Character Day and New Pets

Abbie was "Cowgirl Kate" for book character day.

Abbie and Sophie for book character day.  Sophie dressed up as a character from the Kingdom Keepers book series.

Abbie was so excited that we let her adopt two little guppies that were originally a little classroom project.

Wow, March has really flown by!  We've had all kind of weather this month, including snow, right after my birthday.  We've done some travelling and overall, it's been very busy.  A few weeks ago, the girls enjoyed dressing up as their favorite book characters for book character day.  It seemed like a lot of things had to be rescheduled at school due to the girls being out for snow for a couple of days.  Abbie was so thrilled that I told her that we could adopt some guppies as our pets.   She kept asking me before we'd even brought the fish home if we might could get another fish if she did well with the first two fish.  She also really wants us to get a puppy now but I don't think her parents are ready yet!  One funny thing about the fish is that as soon as we got them, we were already planning to go out of town.  I called Aunt Patti and asked her if she could babysit the fish while we were out of town.  Thankfully, the fish did fine but I think one reason that Matt and I have always enjoyed not having pets is that you can just leave town and it's not as complicated.

No comments: