Thursday, February 05, 2015

Abbie's 7th Birthday Bash

Abbie's ready to welcome her friends to the party!


Anna with Elsa

Sierra and Elsa (A.K.A Haley)

Sophie and Elsa

Elsa and Abbie

Abbie and Sophie C. with Elsa


Abbie and Elsa with her castle cake!


Elsa, Sophie and Abbie with Nana and Paw-paw

Matt, Paula, Sophie, Abbie and Elsa.

Sierra is enjoying an iced cone from the castle cake.

Elsa with Abbie and all of her friends.  L to R: Katie, Sophie C., Molly, Abbie, Rachel, Hailey, Anna, Tessa and Maggie.

This year, for Abbie's birthday we had a Frozen birthday party at our church.  I had thought we might do a skating party because Abbie loves to roller skate but then I was glad that had not gone that route because the two weekends before Abbie's birthday, her friends had back to back roller skating parties.  My mom had found out that Haley, one of my Aunt Shannon's nieces on the other side of their family, was dressing up as Elsa for parties.

Our area got a little bit of snow that morning but it melted off pretty quickly.  We had the party on Saturday, January 24.  Abbie knew that a special guest was coming but she didn't know who it was.  Well, we totally surprised her and had Elsa come from the movie Frozen. Haley was able to come as Elsa for Abbie's party and did a great job!  Abbie was totally speechless when Elsa (Haley) arrived.  At the party, the girls played a few games like Pin the nose on Olaf, a relay game where they had to get all of the items in order to build a snowman, a dice game where they made a snowman, etc.  We also had time for the girls to get their pictures taken with Elsa and make crafts such as bottle cap necklaces.

Abbie really wanted a princess castle cake.  I checked with someone to see if she could make the cake and when she was booked, I started looking into making one myself.  This was a big deal for me because I've only made like one cake for each of the girls and they have been fairly basic.  Anyway, after several hours, many cake mixes, one practice run, a few tears and some stressful moments, I made a castle cake.  I did not know if I could do it but it turned out fairly well!

We had invited about 17 girls total and about 11 of them were supposed to come but 3 were sick on the day of the party.  Also, we had some family who were able to come such as Nana and Paw-paw, Aunt Shannon, Sierra and Aunt Patti.  Aunt Martha, Uncle Matt, and their boys were not able to come because they were sick.  My cousin, Keri, and her son, Carter, had planned to come too but he was sound asleep.  Abbie had 8 friends who were able to come which was still a good number!  They all had a fun time at the party!

I can't believe that Abbie is 7.  She is sweet but also kind of sassy, spunky, full of energy and silly.  She is learning to read so much better this year.


1 comment:

Martha said...

Awesome party! I hate we had to miss it! Great job on the cake!!! I know who to come to when we need a castle cake ;)