Yes, I know. I'm way behind on blogging. We drove to Virginia for Thanksgiving on Tuesday of that week. As I was looking through these pictures tonight and over the last week or so, they are more special to me because Papa Tom is in heaven now. He passed away on Monday, December 15 and we went back to Virginia this week for his funeral on Thursday. Matt's Uncle Gary and Aunt Jo came to spend Thanksgiving in Virginia as well. Matt's mom, Teresa, sister, Leia, and her fiance, Rahul, were there for Thanksgiving as well but I did not include any pictures of them in this post.
Matt's dad, Tom, was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease, in November 2013 and it was a fairly fast progression. He started having symptoms of the disease however, several months before and it took a while for him to be diagnosed. We debated about whether to go to Virginia for Thanksgiving but now, I'm really glad that we did.
While we were in Virginia, we visited the Science Museum and even went back a second time just to see their huge train display which was a special exhibit. Matt loved that exhibit! We also took the girls to visit the White House of the Confederacy where Jefferson Davis lived when he was President of the Confederacy. It was becoming harder for Matt's dad to get out and do things so sometimes our family of four would go and do things on our own. We left Virginia on Saturday to head back to Tennessee. Instead of driving straight home though, we stopped in Sevierville and spent the night at the Wilderness Lodge which has an indoor water park. That was a lot of fun! We hadn't stayed there in a few years.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment