Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Home Tweet Home

wreath on our front door (notice anything unusual)?

bird nest with four robin eggs

On the weekend before Easter, Matt's parents were here visiting.  One night, Matt and his parents were coming in and his mom noticed that there was a bird's nest right in the middle of our wreath!  It kind of blends in and it's up pretty tall so I wouldn't have been able to see down into it.  I don't know when I would have noticed if it Teresa hadn't found it.  I got the pictures by standing on a stepstool and being able to shoot some pictures from above.  We'll have to keep an eye on things.  My first instinct when it was pointed out to me was, "oh, well, I'm gonna move it" but then I was reminded that the Mama bird would abandon the eggs.  I hope we don't have birds flying around inside our house once these birds hatch but it should be interesting to watch them grow!  I love spring because of all the new life, pretty colors and growth.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

We found a nest on the ground with four eggs, one cracked open. I don't know how/what knocked the nest down; but, we were all sad that the eggs have been abandoned. :( I hope yours work out better!

Anonymous said...

Open door slowlyand listen for mom to fly out of nest. Hope you little tweets before long.
Mimi