Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Character Day

a piggy and a wizard!

Abbie as Mercy the pig and Sophie as Hermione from Harry Potter

Last Friday was book character day.  The girls had a parade at school.  Sophie knew that she wanted to be Hermione from Harry Potter.  I worked hard on doing lots of braids all over her head the night before so that she would have curly hair and it worked!!  She also wore my graduation gown from when I earned my master's degree.  It required lots of safety pins but her daddy made it work.  We couldn't decide who Abbie should be for book character day.  We debated between 2 or 3 characters.  She loves the Mercy Watson books by Kate DiCamillo about a pig named Mercy.  One of our neighbors had the pig accessories (including a little curly tail).  Put those pig accessories with a pink outfit and Wa laa-you've got your pig!!  =)  Abbie has always liked pigs.  I think they had a good day and then, they were able to come home and play outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the characters that they picked out.
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I have used my graduation robe for SO many costumes over the years. The girls look so cute! Andrea