Our family visiting one of our favorite Christmas light displays.
Each of the girls was able to decorate Christmas cookies with some of their friends. I did not host Abbie's friends this year however like I did last year. One of her classmates invited all of the girls over one Saturday for a cookie decorating party. I went along with Abbie to that party and helped some. They had a lot of fun. Sophie asked if she could invite a few friends over to decorate cookies again this year. The girls came over after their last half day of school and they had a lot of fun! The girls and I also decorated some cookies just a couple of days before Christmas so that we could share them with extended family and have some to leave out for Santa.
Two of my favorite holiday traditions each year are decorating cookies and driving around and looking at Christmas lights. We went to look at lights a couple of times but Abbie wasn't too crazy about being in the car for very long. We picked a good night to go this year because it was pretty warm for December but it was busy. The girls enjoyed being able to see Santa again. Hope he doesn't forget anything!!
The girls had their winter parties at the same time. It's the first year that I've had to try to juggle two parties so I tried to spend about half an hour at each of their parties. Abbie didn't want any help with her gingerbread house from me anyway!! In both of the girls' classes they had book exchanges. In Sophie's class, they played Minute to win it, like the T.V. show but she found it pretty frustrating. She enjoyed the crafts, snacks and book exchange though.
|
1 comment:
i truly love the look on Abbie's face so cute. It looks as if all the girls had a great time. So glad that they were able to enjoy making those happy memories.
Mimi
Post a Comment