Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Silly "Zucchini" Story

Abbie in her "zucchini" =)

This past Saturday, we decided to head over to the pool and swim. I pulled out this bikini that I had bought for Abbie a month or two ago. Well, it's been a while since she's worn a bikini. I put both parts of the swimsuit on her and she immediately starts pulling down on the top part like "where's the rest of this suit?" She was frustrated because it just wasn't going to cover everything. I was starting to get tickled as I watched her trying to pull it down. Finally I said, Abbie, "that's how it's supposed to fit. it's OK. It's a bikini. Your tummy is supposed to show." Then I told her that she looked really cute, etc and she calmed down after I showed her what she looked like in the mirror. I managed to take a few pictures of her. Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny. I got both of the girls changed and then I headed upstairs to change while Matt kept an eye on the girls. As I reached the top of the stairs, Sophie calls out, "Mom, don't wear your zucchini- OK." I just laughed and said, "It's called a bikini and don't worry-I'm not." I don't own one anyways. A tankini is as close as it gets. =) Kids are too funny!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kathy said...

DOn't you just love what comes out of kids' mouths? Cracks me up!

Julie said...

That's is so funny! Abbie is adorable. Maybe we will see you at the pool sometime. We have been going a couple of times a week.

Anonymous said...

I love the stories. Abbie looks great with her sunglasses on.
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Abbie is looking like she is ready to come visit auntie m and uncle matt!!!! bring her on over :)