Here's Sophie with all of her doctor gear. She looks so excited that if she were about to work on me, I might be a little nervous. (she looks pretty zainy here)
Sophie was having a great time directing a band here.
Abbie just enjoyed her first Oreo here and (of course) she loved it! =)
We've been busy around here lately. We've gotten to have a couple of playdates this week but I haven't been good about taking pictures. We've also busy getting ready for Matt's b-day which is coming up in a couple of days. Sophie helped me make a frozen Oreo cake so that is already done and ready to go (how nice). We had plenty of Oreos left over so I let Abbie try them. I know we're sheltered around here but I can't just buy stuff like that to have around because I would eat it. As you can see in the top picture, Sophie enjoys playing with her doctor's kit. One day it was pretty funny because both of our girls had their stethoscopes out and they were examining Matt. I really would be frightened if Abbie were my doctor.
Sophie's favorite song lately is "I've got the Joy, joy, joy, joy". I sing with the girls sometimes when we are driving across town because it's a good way to pass the time and keep them happy. Sophie has been requesting this song a lot and sometimes she has a whole line-up that she wants us to sing (usually a lot of them are church songs which is great). Anyway, sometimes I sing the verse that says, "I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart". Well, to a 4 year old, of course, it probably sort of sounds like gibberish because they don't know what you are talking about. Sophie, the other day, starts singing, I've got the "peaster pastor understanding down in my heart." I was trying not to crack up. Matt straightened her out later.
Some big news at our house is that I traded in my old mini-van which has held in there for a long time for a Mazda 5. My mini-van was really a blessing but the last couple of years we've known that it was just a matter of time before we needed to get something else. Four years ago my uncle, Walter, offered us the mini-van pretty much free of charge. I didn't know at the time how nice a mini-van can be when you have kids, have company from out of town, need to transport things, etc. Well, the van was still running and everything but the engine light has been on. We were able to trade it in with the "Cash for Clunkers" program which was great for us! The Mazda 5 is very sporty and they are calling it a micro mini-van. It's not as long as a mini-van and you don't sit up as high. I love having sliding doors though for getting kids in and out. It has two middle seats and two seats that you can use as a 3rd row when you need it. I told Matt that I'm going to have to pay a lot more attention to the speedometer because my new car has a lot more power than the mini-van did!
Friday, August 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That Sophie is so funny! Can't wait to see your cool new ride :)OH, and your diaper bag is here. I took it to church last Wed night but didn't see you all. I'm not sure when we'll be at church again - we are supposed to be out of town for the next Wed and Sunday.
Sounds like you have been busy. Can't wait to see the new van. Hope Matt has a great b-day. Miss seeing those zany grandkids.
Love & hugs
Teresa
Post a Comment