For the last week or so, we have really been trying to potty train Sophie. A little over a week ago, she wanted to watch this hilarious old video that Matt & I picked up at a kids' consignment sale. I think it's called Potty Time. Anyway, Sophie wanted to watch the video one day, and I thought well, maybe I can set up her portable potty chair and she'll sit on it here in the living room while she watches the video. Well, it worked pretty well. She loved sitting on it while watching the video and she went to the potty three times that day! That was on a Thursday. Since she went to her Mother's Day Out on Friday, we decided to try potty training on Saturday. The video that I referred to has a song about being a Super Dooper Pooper and has some other hilarious songs!
That day, it was kind of a disaster because she kept having accidents. Then, the next couple of days she seemed to catch on. We are still working on it and she still has at least 1-2 "accidents" each day but overall she seems to be getting it and I am so glad. I've tried to potty train her a couple of other times starting several months ago and we just didn't stick with it. This time it's clicking with her. She's mostly been wearing Pull-ups other than that one Saturday because I haven't been brave enough yet to do panties each day but that will come in a couple of days I think. For several months, we've promised her a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's if she's potty trained and boy, is she ready. She's been asking us about for a few days now. Hopefully, we'll be going soon and we'll try to post some pictures!
On another note, we've gotten to get together with some friends this week and that's been a lot of fun for all of us. The weather has been much warmer and Abbie is getting bigger so it's becoming a bit easier to get out. Abbie has also been sleeping better at night and I hope that continues.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go Sophie! I hope the potty-training continues to go well! Chuck-E-Cheese is waiting! And what a brave Mama to endeavor this with such a little one too!
I'm glad potty training is going well for someone! We are throwing in the towel for a few weeks. By the way, I tagged you...so you have something to do in all your free time!:) Check out my blog for more info. Stacy :)
We had fun visiting last week! Joshua took a nice long nap after we left. Playing is hard work!
Post a Comment