Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Here's Sophie who has gotten so big in front of our tree. It kind of makes me sad to see how grown up she is becoming. At the same time though, I'm really proud of her and I love being able to converse with her more and more. I can't believe (and yet I sort of can) that we are about to have another baby! It's harder to sleep, harder to bend down, etc. When I see the countdown on our blog page, I'm thinking, "Whoa, we are getting really close. Am I ready for this?" Anyway, it will be neat for Sophie to be a big sister. She is so nurturing with her baby dolls so we'll see how she does with a real baby who is demanding our attention.

So far, getting ready for Christmas (and including Sophie in some of the traditions) has been really fun. She was so excited for us to get our Christmas trees put up a couple of weeks ago. She loved being able to put a few of the special non-breakable ornaments on the bottom of the tree that I had saved for her. She also got to help me decorate our little tabletop tree. She has enjoyed getting to see the Christmas light displays around town, helping me to put some of the presents under the tree, doing an advent calendar, making cute Christmas crafts at school, etc. The not so fun part about December is that this is the 2nd time that Sophie's had a really bad cough and a fever where she can't sleep well. The timing wasn't great because Matt's family came in to spend an early Christmas with us yesterday and today. Oh, well. It's just one of those things I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Sophie - so cute!! Camden said her name very excitedly when we got your Christmas card!
I'm so excited to meet your new baby girl - you'll be ready and you'll do great handling two. It's a challenge but so much fun being a family of four! And I'm ready to help however I can. None of us can do this on our own! :)